Preface bottom content

What licence do I need to use Ordnance Survey data products?

Support Category: 

There are a number of license agreements for using Ordnance Survey (OS) mapping data, dependant on the nature of your business and the data you need.

Mapping Agreements for Public Sector Organisations

Licensed Data for use by businesses and consumers

To enable you to utilise most OS data for your own business use you will require a license.

  • The minimum period you can licence OS data is one year
  • The maximum period is three years
  • For some OS data products (OS MasterMap for example), multi-year licensing discounts may apply

Upon purchase from us we will provide you with this license, containing Ordnance Survey’s terms and conditions of use appended to Getmappings standard terms and conditions.

If you require additional rights, for example to allow third parties access to the OS data via a transactional model, please contact the Getmapping Sales Team or call on 01252 849440 for further information.

Open Data for everyone

OS Open Data is licensed under the Open Government Licence (OGL) which allows all - consumers, businesses and the public sector - to use the OS OpenData datasets in any way and for any purpose.

Call to action content

Need help with our products or services? Call 01252 849440 or

Contact Sales

Trim content

© Copyright Getmapping  2022