OS Terrain 50
Available as grid or contour datasets, OS Terrain 50 is a free digital terrain model of the landscape that adds the third dimension to your environmental analysis and planning.
- Each individual contour – from Ben Nevis to mean low water – combined with spot heights, enable you to visualise the landscape
- It is being used in mobile apps and Minecraft to create 3D landscape models
- Free to use for commercial, educational and personal purposes
- Identify the best sites for new mobile phone masts by analysing the impact of terrain on radio wave propogation
- Generate 3D landscape visualisations for exhibition at public consultations
- Bring the landscape to life in outdoor exploration and navigation apps
- Use the type of data – gridded digital terrain model or 10m contours and spot heights – that's right for your needs
- Coverage: Great Britain
- Update Frequency: Annual
- Formats: Vector (GML, ESRI Shape file, MicroStation® DGN or AutoCAD® DWG and DXF), ASCII
- Supply: Email Download, FTP, DVD, Data Streaming (WMS, WMTS)
- Licensing Options: Open Data
Useful information about Ordnance Survey mapping available from Getmapping.