OS Street View
Ordnance Survey's OS Street View is street-level, backdrop map data that is specifically designed for online applications.
- OS Street View is a generalised and simplified street-level map
- When you need an out-of-the-box street map designed for web use then OS Street View is for you
- The street-level detail of OS Street View makes it particularly useful for displaying specific localities
- Free to use for commercial, educational and personal purposes
The street-level detail of OS Street View makes it particularly useful for displaying specific localities.
- Ideal for service and emergency planning as you can display your locations clearly on a map
- You can show your audience enough detail to provide geographical context without the visual clutter that could obscure your data overlay
- Its colour palette and clear depiction of roads makes it the ideal backdrop for your data layer
- It provides a scanned image of street-level mapping that can be combined with other data in a geographical information system (GIS), enabling you to clearly visualise a wide range of information in a geographical context.
- You can quickly and easily display your data in a geographical context to analyse and spot hidden patterns
- Coverage: Great Britain
- Scale: 1:7 000 to 1:10 000
- Update Frequency: Every six months – April and October (change-only updates)
- Formats: Raster (JPEG/ECW/TIFF)
- Supply: Email Download, FTP, DVD, Data Streaming (WMS, WMTS, WFS)
- Licensing Options: Open Data
Useful information about Ordnance Survey mapping available from Getmapping.