Parish Online is a low-cost online mapping application that is giving over 800 Local Councils across the UK easy access to the mapping tools and data they require every day. Developed by Getmapping, it provides Parish Clerks, Councillors and Neighbourhood Planning groups with essential information and analysis tools that help them make smarter decisions and manage their council more effectively.
We have recently completed our annual Customer Satisfaction survey which gave users a chance to provide us with feedback on why they use Parish Online as well as what they think is great and what could be improved. Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond, your feedback is essential in enabling us to continually improve Parish Online and ensuring it meets the needs of Local Councils in 2016.
The key highlights from the survey were:
- Over 60% of subscribers use Parish Online weekly
- The most popular uses are:
- To view Ordnance Survey mapping
- To view Public Sector information – such as listed buildings & flood risk
- To create & print maps for general purpose information
- Using map information to help solve problems
- The customer support team were rated as friendly, quick to reply and able to help solve problems
- Over 75% of responders reported that Parish Online offers excellent or good value for money
- Over 83% of responders said they would recommend Parish Online to a fellow Parish clerk or Councillor
What’s the one thing you love about Parish Online?
We asked responders to share some of the things they really like about using Parish Online, here’s what they said:
"It’s easy to login, find the information that we need and print it out in a usable format"
"We get instant access to Ordnance Survey mapping and address information as well as data from our Local Authority"
"The clear visual representation of asset information being displayed on the base mapping and accurate, up-to-date information"
Ideas for Future Development
A number of users suggested improvements that could be made to the software and the service we provide, we have taken this on board and the majority are being scoped and worked on already:
- Logging in: A number of you mentioned that the login process can be slow or take a few attempts; we have recently undertaken work to improve the way users login which will make it quicker and more consistent in a web based environment.
- Support: Whilst Parish Online is designed to be simple to use we are aware that users need help to get-to-grips with the basics as well as utilising some of the advanced featured available. We are working on expanding our online support material to include answers to frequently asked questions, video tutorials as well as guides to basic mapping principles.
- Usability: A number of suggestions were raised on how we can improve the use of the tools within the software. We have ensured all these are added to our development roadmap and will work to release more functionality and improved capabilities in the coming months.
Overall, we were very pleased that ¾ of all the responders felt Parish Online offers good value for money and that 83% would recommend it to a fellow Clerk or Councillor. Once again, a big thank you to everyone who took part, we will be running our next survey later in the autumn this year. If you didn’t take part but have feedback you would like to share then you can contact the Parish Online team