OS 1:250,000 Scale Colour Raster
If you need a regional backdrop map on screen, this is for you – and it's completely free. 1:250,000 Scale Colour Raster emphasises the main roads and places of interest on the mapand is ideal for regional detail.
- Shows all roads, railways, cities, towns and many villages, plus county boundaries, tourist attractions and contours
- Motorways and main roads stand out, but you can also see country lanes clearly
- The bundled 1:250,000 search gazetteer features village names and National Grid coordinates, making it a useful search index
- OS open data product so is free to use for commercial, educational and personal purposes
- Perfect if you need a regional backdrop map on screen
- A wide range of places of interest, as well as camping and caravan sites are clearly shown, making the map ideal for tourism purposes
- Coverage: Great Britain
- Scale: 1:250,000
- Update Frequency: Annually – June (complete resupply)
- Formats: Raster (JPEG/ECW/TIFF)
- Supply: Email Download, FTP, DVD, Data Streaming (WMS, WMTS, WFS)
- Licensing Options: Open Data
Useful information about Ordnance Survey mapping available from Getmapping.