OS MasterMap Topographical Layer
OS MasterMap® Topographic Layer is the most detailed, current and comprehensive map dataset of Great Britain. It is a large-scale, professional level, digital topographic map that is very accurate. It gives a highly detailed view of Great Britain's landscape including individual buildings, roads and areas of land. In total, it contains 400 million plus individual features.
MasterMap® Topographic Layer enables you to visualise the most up-to-date context of structures, land, water, roads, railways and non-physical features such as administrative boundaries. It enables you to make better informed decisions and manage your assets more effectively.
- Plan, prepare and react: Improve scenario planning, situational awareness, strategic event management and support of security operations
- Detailed and comprehensive: Half a billion built and natural landscape features mean you can make better-informed decisions about the locations of customers, operations, assets and environmental risks
- Build and customise: OS MasterMap Topography is designed to interact perfectly with other detailed data from OS including roads, addresses, 3D terrain and building heights – and it’s customisable
OS MasterMap® is Ordnance Survey's most comprehensive product, containing a suite of different layers, each of which provides a different aspect of valuable mapping data for use in a Geographic Information system (GIS).
Topography is the foundation of all OS MasterMap data. It provides the context within which addresses, routes and imagery can be analysed. With OS MasterMap Topography you will be able to:
- Accurately position and record assets
- Conduct asset management, planning, risk assessment and environmental analysis
- Identify street and feature-level detail useful for site visit substitution, planning applications, property extensions and more
- Visualise the height of buildings in 3D using our alpha data
- Locate key acccess points onto airports, schools and railway stations with sites data
- Coverage: Great Britain
- Scale: 1:1,250 to 1:10,000
- Update Frequency: Six weekly continuous revision cycle
- Formats: Raster (JPEG/ECW/TIFF) and Vector (GML, ESRI Shape, MicroStation® DGN or AutoCAD® DWG and DXF)
- Supply: Email Download, FTP, DVD, Data Streaming (WMS, WMTS, WFS).
- Licensing Options: Annual, Internal Business Use and if you’re in the public sector your organisation can use it at no extra charge thanks to the PSMA and OSMA mapping agreements
Useful information about Ordnance Survey mapping available from Getmapping.