With the release of G-Cloud 9 on 22 May 2017, Getmapping is pleased to announce that an extensive range of data sets can be streamed via our managed data services and that these are available for subscription via the Digital Marketplace.
G-Cloud 9 is used to provide public sector organisations with cloud commodity services and all suppliers and services included in the marketplace have been pre-approved allowing customers to buy with confidence and with reduced risk. Getmapping is an approved supplier within the cloud software category, offering a range of managed data feeds.
Used extensively by public sector organisations including Central Government, Local Authorities and National Parks, our managed data services allow geographic data to be streamed over the web. This provides a cost-effective and efficient way of giving a whole organisation access to high quality data, without the need for large local copies of the datasets being maintained in-house, saving time and free-ing up IT resources.
Getmapping ensures that all geographic base data sets are up-to-date so every user can rely on the service to display the latest maps, enhancing continuity and joined up working within an organisation by ensuring each user is viewing the same version of the map.
On the G-Cloud 9 framework, Getmapping ffers the following data sets available as managed data services subscriptions:
- OS Premium Web Map Service (WMS): a popular streaming service for Central Government and Local Authorities and provides access to all the Ordnance Survey raster base maps available to members of both the Public Sector Mapping Agreement (PSMA) and One Scotland Mapping Agreement (OSMA).
- OS OpenData Web Map Service (WMS): provides access to all the Ordnance Survey raster base maps available as OS OpenData.
- Getmapping Aerial Photography Web Map Service (WMS): a popular streaming service for Central Government and Local Authorities and provides access to Getmapping’s complete Aerial Photography archive of Great Britain (typically to already licensed), ranging from the Millennium Map captured in 1999 all the way to the most recent high-resolution digital surveys.
- A-Z Street and Road Collection Web Map Service (WMS): commonly used in Central Government, Local Authorities, Emergency Services, Planning and Contingency Preparation and Transport Organisations, this data feed includes large scale mapping, street mapping, and road mapping.
- ConveyMaps Web Map Service (WMS): fully geo-referenced historical mapping dating back to the 1800s, scanned at high resolution and categorised in to several epochs with metadata.
- Oceanwise Web Map Service (WMS): access to renowned marine and coastal datasets offering raster charts, and vector datasets from around the UK Coast, and across the wider world.
- UKLand Web Map Service (WMS): provides access to the National Land Information database.
- UKMap Web Map Service (WMS): a modern, highly detailed and feature rich mapping database primarily focussed on London.
- OS Premium Web Feature Service (WFS): key Ordnance Survey vector datasets including MasterMap delivered in vector format thereby allowing users to query the data without having to hold and update local versions.
With competitive annual subscription based pricing our OGC compliant dmanaged data services are easy to implement and are compatible with the majority of GIS software and web interfaces.